Changes and easing of restrictions
On Monday 7 December 2020, the NSW Government will ease the following restrictions.
Venues including hospitality venues, retail and places of worship:
- One person per 2 square metres (with 25 people permitted before the rule applies), except for gyms and nightclubs (one person per 4 square metres, with a maximum of 50 people allowed in gym classes or on the dance floor at nightclubs).
Stadiums and theatres:
- outdoors: 100% seated capacity, and one person per 2 square metres for unstructured seating areas
- indoors: 75% seated capacity.
Gatherings in outdoor public spaces:
- up to 100 people for outdoor gatherings (up from 50)
- up to 5,000 people for outdoor events that are fenced, ticketed and seated (subject to the 2 square metre rule)
- up to 3,000 people for other organised outdoor events i.e. community sport and outdoor protests (subject to the 2 square metre rule).
- up to 50 people indoors.
- up to 50 performers indoors, no maximum cap outdoors
- advice is for congregation/audience to continue wearing masks if singing.
Under the changes, maximum capacity caps will be removed subject to the 2 square metre rule rule for:
- bookings at hospitality venues
- regional agricultural shows
- corporate events
- religious services.
COVID Safe businesses and organisations
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngCOVID Safe businesses and organisations have:
- a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan in place
- registered as COVID Safe.
COVID Safe businesses and organisations are easily recognised by the blue tick badge displayed on their premises or online.
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngRegistration is quick and easy and it shows customers that you’re committed to their safety. Registered businesses and organisations get:
- a digital COVID Safe badge for use on Google and social channels
- a print ready COVID Safe badge file for use as a poster or sticker on your shop front/high traffic areas
- posters on safety and hygiene
- reports on how your customers and visitors rate your business.
For some types of businesses and organisations, it is mandatory to register as COVID Safe under the Public Health Orders.
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngThese businesses are:
- hospitality venues (restaurants, cafes, pubs, clubs, small bars, cellar doors, breweries, distilleries, karaoke bars and casinos)
- funeral homes and crematoria
- places of public worship.
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngOther businesses and organisations are encouraged to register as COVID Safe to show their customers and visitors that they are keeping up the highest standards to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
COVID-19 Safety Plans
COVID-19 Safety Plans are comprehensive checklists designed by NSW Health and approved by the Chief Health Officer.
The plans provide clear directions on how businesses and organisations should fulfil their obligations under Public Health Orders to minimise risk of transmission of COVID-19 on their premises.
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngBusinesses and organisations should review the COVID-19 Safety Plan for their industry to see if completing a plan and registering is compulsory under Public Health Orders.
All other businesses and organisations are encouraged to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan voluntarily.
Penalties for breaching public health orders
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngUnder the it is mandatory for some types of business to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan and register as a COVID Safe business. For other types of business it is mandatory to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan, and optional to register.
See the COVID-19 Safety Plan for your industry for details.
Authorised Officers are making inspections of businesses to check compliance with Safety Plans and are able to issue on-the-spot fines.
Penalties for breaching Public Health Orders range up to $55,000, with a further $27,500 penalty possible for each day an offence continues.
For repeated non-compliance, businesses may be shut down for periods of up to a month.
Help with your COVID-19 Safety Plan
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngThis information might be useful in helping you complete your COVID-19 Safety Plan.
NSW Health guidance
Câu lạc bộ bài thiêng vàngAdvice and rules from NSW Health your business needs to be aware of.